Six sigma is a set of methods that you use for process improvement for companies all around the world. These companies use the six-sigma certification regularly for quality improvement and to improve operational efficiencies.
Six-sigma certification is a great way to improve the leadership positions in your organization, starting with yourself. It helps your business renovate to include better processing, increased efficiency, and improve the overall quality of the organization.
There are two types of six-sigma certification. The Lean method is like the six-sigma, but it is not exactly the six-sigma. It focuses on the greatest efficiency in all the attributes of operations. The actual six-sigma focuses more on debugging the problems within the processes. The Lean focus strategy emphasizes the countless benefits that come from removing the obstacles that consume valuable effort and resources.
These two methodologies or certifications are in high demand across high performing industries like finance, healthcare, information technology, manufacturing, and more. The prime benefits of the Six-Sigma strategy are not only limited to customer satisfaction, but it also includes cost reduction and employee satisfaction training.
The Six-Sigma certification enables individuals at various leadership positions around the world to earn and perform more. They are known to earn more than their non-certified counterparts on a wide scale. Most individuals in the United States and the United Kingdom earn significantly more than the people who have not been certified by Six-Sigma. Six-sigma is suited for positions like a team leader, supervisor, manager, general or project manager, continuous improvement manager, quality assurance manager, et cetera.
Six-Sigma Certification Levels
The Six Sigma certification has three levels, namely, Green Belt, Black belt, and the Yellow Belt, with the Black Belt being the highest certification and the Yellow Belt being the beginner.
The Yellow Belt certification is suited for the individuals who aspire to learn the mere basics of the Six-sigma strategy. They have positions of responsibility that have a limited role in the Six-Sigma team.
The Green Belt certification is for those who want to be an active part of the Six-Sigma Management team. These people are the ones who assist other members with data collection and analysis for projects. Green Belt training is also suited for people who want to implement Lean Six-Sigma strategies at their positions in their organizations.
Black Belt certification is for the team leaders of the Six-Sigma Management team. They help in solving projects at the black belt level and supervise their teams to finish tasks or projects within the given time frame.
Six-Sigma certification gives you a chance to stand out from the crowd. The edge over your competitors can lead to better salaries and better occupation chances. The additional benefit of getting a six-sigma certification is that these certifications are coveted by many, but held by none. By having a certification of this standard in your resume, you can proudly wear it like a medal.
A person who is equipped with leading initiatives to improve processes and the quality of the goods and services their company or organization offers to customers. Some other advantages that come with the six-sigma certification are as follows:
- Improved bottom line – Better rapport amongst consumers, opens up doors for an improved revenue stream and better connections in the supply and demand market.
- Customer satisfaction – A business with a leadership position occupied by a person who has a six-sigma certification will implement upgraded techniques and processes that come with the six-sigma methodologies. It leads to a better and improved finished product or service, which, in turn, results in greater customer satisfaction. For achieving a loyal customer for your organization, the product should maintain its quality and remain consistent with the good service.
- Employee satisfaction – Six-sigma leaders tend to clarify messages, instructions, and suggestions to employees, which makes them better informed about your intentions and suggestions. It makes them work better according to them and keep employee satisfaction levels high.
Here are some benefits of utilizing the six-sigma certification
- Improved company culture – Lean six-sigma has now become an established culture in many top companies. It is an attempt towards the improvement of culture that helps propagate not only the company’s goods and services but also their work ethic. Leaders under the six-sigma scheme adopt a continuous improvement agenda to influence not only their employees but also themselves.
- Elimination of errors – With a six sigma certification, individuals can transform an organization to increase their work-flow and productivity towards work. They have been able to identify and remove errors faster and with greater efficiency, which has brought greater customer satisfaction.
- Growth – Applying lean six-sigma is a well-established way to improve an organization. Team members should have better organizational skills and better analytical skills to help identify and gauge crashes in the system before acting on them. They should also follow adequate leadership-inspiring protocols in situations that require proper leadership.
- Applicability across industries – The six-sigma certification can lead to better job prospects. You will get a better salary owing to your qualifications because six-sigma tests are not easy to crack. Executives and hiring officers are very well-aware of this fact, and they will be impressed when they see a Six-Sigma certification on your resume. These certifications apply to bank and financial services, telecom, information technology, human resources, marketing, and many more.
- Improvement in business processes – Acquiring a six-sigma certification will prove that you have the knowledge needed to make it in a leadership role in your organization. You will be able to control, measure, analyze and improve your subordinates and provide them with a clear understanding of the impact of their work on the growth of the company and the quality performance of the product or service that you offer.
- Standardization – There are no authorized centres that help applicants learn the Lean Six-Sigma process. The actual training and certification help achieve better efficiency in process management.