Text to Speech
GST registration online can be completed with ease. One has to provide certain documents for the registration pertaining to the business. One also has to provide address proof and Aadhar card and one has to mention whether the business is Business Premises, Individuals, HUF’s, Company, Trusts, Local Authority, Local Body, Proprietary Concern, Partnership Firm, etc. The GST portal should also be accessed from a secure computer.
Here’s the step by step guide to register for GST. The complete registration will be in two parts. You need to register for both Part A and Part B following these simple steps:
“Part a Started”
- Go to GST portal and click here to Register
- Enter the details in Part A
- Enter the OTP received on your mail and mobile number
- Note down the TRN number, which will be sent out on your mail or mobile
- Again got to GST portal
- Select TRN and enter captcha
- An OTP will be received. You have to proceed with it
- Now you will see your status is in the draft. Click the edit
“Part B Started”
- Fill all the part B form details and submit the required documents.
- Go to the verification page select the declaration and now submit the application
- A success message will be displayed sending an ARN (Application Reference Number) on your mail or phone
Returns Need to Filed Under GST
GSTR-1: This is the monthly sale details, which will be filled up by the 10th of next month.
GSTR-2: It will be the details of monthly purchases, which will be filled by the 15th of the following month. But it cannot be filled before the 10th date, so it is to be filled between 10 to 15th.
GSTR-3: In this, the taxpayer gives details by depositing the income, after determining monthly tax by decreasing input from the output. It will be filled up by the 20th of next month.
GSTR-9: This is an annual return, which is filled up by December 31st after the end of the FY.
However, most of the people hire CA professionals to file GST, but if you have an understanding of a few things about GST, you may file it on yourself. Several online GST calculators are available in the market, choosing them will help you to calculate the GST amount you need to file.