A piece of fabric is a stretchable cloth or some other material which is made by using the various types of fibers such as cotton, nylon, wool, silk, etc. It is used for making various things. It is mainly formed by using the process of weaving, knitting, braiding, etc. The knitting of the fabric results in a soft texture which one can easily feel on hoodies and sweatshirts. Many types of threads are used to woven this fabric.
The French terry fabric is mainly used to make infant clothes, gym clothes, pullovers, hoodies, sportswear, and sweatshirts. Many fabrics are made by using more than one type of fiber. For example, cotton lycra fabric is made by using two fibers which include cotton and lycra. These fabrics have a great share in making your house beautiful.
Due to the availability of a lot of designs and types of fabric in the market, it becomes very difficult for you to choose a good fabric. This fabric is generally made up of the cotton threads but sometimes synthetic fibers are also used in its place. The manufactures also add some lycra to provide elasticity to the fabric.
So, while choosing the interior fabric, you should keep some important things in your mind. Some of them are as follows-
- Type of fabric- You should always consider the type of fabric because every fabric has its own features. So, for different purposes, you should need a different type of fabric. For example, for pillows, you need the soft and tactile fabric and for curtains, you should need the weighty fabric material. However, cotton is suitable for various purposes.
- Your style- While choosing the fabric for your house’s interior, you should consider your taste of style also. Nowadays, fabrics having patterns and angles are in trend. So, you can choose among the latest designs but along with it, also consider your style.
- Colour- There are a lot of options for the colors of fabrics. You should choose the color according to your choice. You can choose grey and white colored fabrics as they are trending nowadays. The color of the fabric can give a different look to the rooms so choose the color very carefully.
- Pattern blending- The pattern of the fabric has a great impact on the look of your room. The modern rooms tend to feature the fabrics of geometric design but on the other hand, the normal homes tend to feature the fabrics having floral designs. The smaller rooms look beautiful with the fabrics having small scale patterns. You can combine two or more different patterns that will complement each other. If you choose the right fabric for your room then it can help you in making your room beautiful.
- Purpose- You should consider the purpose for which you have to buy the fabrics. For example, for light blocking, insulation, privacy, etc. This will be proven very helpful for you in choosing the fabrics.
- Thread count- This is also an important thing which you should consider while choosing the fabric. The thread count of the fabric indicates the tightness of the fabric. So, the fabric having a greater number of threads is long-lasting.
All of the above-given are some of the points which you should consider while choosing the interior fabric. There are various designs of fabrics available in the market. The manufactures also add some lycra to provide elasticity to the fabric.
The fabric experts recommend using 100 percent cotton containing fabric because it is breathable and can be easily recycled. One of the most commonly used and trendy fabric is cotton lycra. There is a great demand for cotton lycra fabric in India. Cotton lycra has a high elasticity.