It is possible that your PC not working well. Windows 10 keep getting faster but several factors slow down it. It consists of bugs, compatibility issues, malware and failing of hardware. If you are facing issues with the performance then it doesn’t mean that you need to replace the computer. You just need to make changes in the software and hardware to increase the efficiency of it. Here are several ways to optimize windows 10.
1. Disable startup app
There are several apps installed on your computer that helps to launch automatically during the startup? If you don’t use this app daily then it is a complete waste of the resources. It can significantly slow down the experience. You have to do below things to disable the apps.
- Open the setting
- Tap on Apps
- Tap on Startup
- Tap on sort by menu
- Choose the startup impact option
- Turn off the toggle switch
- Restart the desktop
2. Turn off Windows tips and tricks
It keeps an eye on whatever you are doing. According to the behavior it gives support and tips that you want to do with the OS. It is not helpful. Even nobody likes the privacy implication because it offers tips that your pc is facing the issue. You have to stop that to increase the efficiency of the windows. Here are the steps that you have to take.
- Tap on the Start button
- Select the setting icon
- Go to the system
- Notification and action.
- Scroll down and uncheck the marked box “Get tips and tricks”
3. Turn off Search Indexing
It helps in the search in the PC but it slows down the performance. You can increase the performance of the computer by turning the index off. It help you to get the maximum benefit of Windows 10 then you have to turn it off.
- Type services.msc in the search box
- Tap Enter
- Find out Indexing Services
- Double-tap on it.
- Tap on stop
- Reboot your machine
- It may become slightly slower.
- It increases your performance.
4. Install only good quality apps
There is no doubt that apps are loaded with unnecessary features. It can negatively affect your device performance. If it is a brand it doesn’t mean that it is a good app. You need to keep your computer healthy. Always install the good apps. Check the performance of the app and only download it from the Microsoft store. You need to download the alternative apps and you need to check the performance and security.
5. Clean out your hard disk
The hard disk may be full files that you don’t even need it. Cleaning out can Drastically improve the performance of the disk. Follow the below step
- Go to Settings
- Go to system
- Move the toggle from Off and on.
- It can customize that storage sense works and also use it to free up. Now, it will automatically delete the junk files that no longer needs, download the folders and old recycle bin files. You can use Storage sense to delete the downloaded files. It also helps you to move files to your cloud storage.
6. Install the latest updates
It is one of the best ways to increase the performance of your computer. It is one of the reasons why it is not working well.
It happens automatically and it depends upon the update. It will not be updated as soon as it comes. It may happen that you don’t have the latest updates that decrease the performance of the computer.
- install the update manually
- Check updates in Settings
- Tap on the window’s update.
- If the update is available to download it.
- Tap on the restart button now.
7. Change power plans
It consists of the power saver, balanced power and High performance to optimize power usage. You must need to use the high-performance option. It helps your computer to use more power to run faster.
- You need to choose the different power plans on your computer.
- Click on the Control Panel
- Choose the Hardware and Sound option.
- Click on Power options
- Choose the High-performance option.
You can even create a custom power plan that helps you to increase the performance of power.
8. Clean out your registry
It consists of the details about the program stored that DLLs used and shared. What kind of the files will open and other related things are covered in it. It is a messy thing. It is with several outdated settings. It is impossible to clean it manually. You have to use Registry Cleaner for it. You can get Free Register Cleaner online. You have to back up before using it.
You have to type Reedit, exit and run the editor. Choose Export from the File menu. You have to choose all the options in the Export Range section. You need to restore the registry.
- Open the Registry Editor
- Click on the import from File Menu
- Open the file you saved
- Download the Registry Cleaner
- You can select the things that you want to clean up.
Scan the registry to find the errors. Fix everything and click repair when you made your decision. Read more about the HP Support Assistant.